- Please have your cart at the curb by 7am.
- All trash must be placed in bags inside the cart.
- Make sure the arrows on the cart are pointing toward the street (hinge toward house)
- Place cart within 1 foot of the curb.
- Leave 3 feet of space between the cart and other obects. This is so that the mechanical lift system of the truck has plenty of clearance in order to attach to the container.
- Recycling customers should place recycling containers (yellow lid) 3 feet from the trash cart. A good rule is to place each cart on opposite sides of the driveway.
- Any trash that does not fit in the cart should be placed beside the cart in bags with appropriate stickers. ( 3 feet away from the cart )
- Ten stickers for extra bags are available for $12.50 by calling 913-631-3300.
- Residents are allowed six bags or bundles of yard waste each week. Extra bags or bundles must be stickered. These limits are subject to change as Johnson County regulations regarding yard waste change.
Please remember to keep the trash carts inside the garage or behind the front line of your house. This is a city ordinance and fines can be assessed.
The weeks of Independence Day and Christmas Day there are no bag limits. You may place additional bags at the curb for collection without stickers.